Monday, January 28, 2013

The Big Switch (iPhone to Android)


I’ve had an iPhone for almost four years now. I loved it. I thought I’d have an iPhone for the rest of forever. And then I got bored of the same thing. The phone got a little nicer and a bit faster. Everything remained the same though. You couldn’t customize your phone beyond ringtones/and app placement. So I started having thoughts about Androids. Obviously the Galaxy S3 was the right choice. So I decided to get the phone.
 
New phone day rolls around and I still had this little fight inside over getting the iPhone 5 or getting the Galaxy 3S so I got online a couple hours before going to AT&T to look at reviews on the Galaxy 3S. I needed something solid to make my decision. I ACCIDENTLY clicked on the Galaxy Note 2. OH MY HEAVENS, I instantly fell in love. I found exactly what I wanted. The amazing thing is, I’ve recently been battling getting a tablet (1. Because everyone has one, I feel a little left out and 2. I kinda want one. Bigger screen a bit more you can do than a phone but not a lot more to make me give up my laptop.) and the size of the Galaxy Note 2 makes me feel like I’m talking on a tablet (and I used to make phone of the way phones are now getting bigger). I bought the phone of course, even splurged and got insurance and decent protective gear. I’m 100 percent in love with this phone.
 
I used to love getting a new phone and having to learn it and customize it all over. Having the iPhone the last 4 years made it impossible to do. You got to choose from like 5 fonts, small, medium or large text, ringtones, even vibrations. You could put your apps in folders, SIRI was nice. The camera was amazing. I was so nervous to change because I didn’t want to lose anything. I didn’t want to be limited to anything. Buying the Galaxy Note 2 was the best first real decision I made in 2013! A great and marvelous change! I can customize practically everything!! The only think I need to check out is Antivirus on my phone. I don’t want to accidently delete an app that is bugged.

 Top Features

Polaris Office 4.0 (I’m an accountant and love Excel, this app gives me decent access on my mobile).
Split Screen
The huge screen size (Bought the phone disliking the size, and a few days into it that was quickly changed)
The S Pen (all features included)
Widgets
Customizable everything (Font, text color, background color, live wallpapers, widgets, apps app folders)
Alarm (there is an alarm option that wakes you up by telling you something like “It’s time to get up, it’s whatever degrees outside, the date, and some news).

 

I will never go back to an iPhone. I feel like I was robbed for the last four years!
I truly believe (at lease with this phone) Android is the better phone.
I've had my phone for 16 days now! (:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment